How to test a wind measurement site?
Once identified, it may be relevant to test each wind measurement site in order to define potential implementation issues.
It is usually recommended to place your wind measurement station as far away as possible from local obstructions to the wind.
It is also critical to select a location that is representative of the majority of the site.
Visiting your wind measurement site to collect information:
Use the following checklist to verify if you properly assessed the viability of your site:
- Do you have enough land area available?
- Where are located the main obstructions?
- Have you identified trees deformed by persistent strong winds?
- How can you get accessibility into the site?
- Is there Cellular phone service reliability for data transfers?