How do you build a wind-Alarm?
Automatic Weather stations are becoming ubiquitous to monitor wind speed and direction in a huge range of applications.
Throughout this guide, you will learn all the steps to implement a successful wind monitoring strategy for any types of applications.
About Wind Alarms: This guide will encompass the tasks of selecting, installing, and operating wind measurement equipment, collecting and analyzing the associated data. The intended audience for this blog is any organization or individual who desires conducting a wind monitoring program.
Establishing an efficient wind strategy requires the following features:
- Choosing the best location of monitoring stations
- Understanding sensor measurement heights
- Selecting measurement parameters
- Defining your Meteorological equipment including type, quality, and cost
- Refining minimum measurement accuracy, duration, and data recovery
- Configuring data sampling and recording intervals
- Preparing data storage equipment
- Establishing data handling and processing procedures
- Implementing quality control measures
- Formatting data reports.
- Bywaters, I. (2019). [online] Envirotech-online.com. Available at: https://www.envirotech-online.com/article/air-monitoring/6/gill-instruments-ltd/factors-in-choosing-the-right-wind-sensor-for-your-application/171/download [Accessed 7 May 2019].
- Wind resource assessment handbook, Fundamentals for Conducting a Successful Monitoring Program. (1997). 1st ed. New York: AWS Scientific, Inc., pp.1-79.
- World Meteorological Organization. (2019). WMO Guide to Meteorological Instruments and Methods of Observation (CIMO Guide) Seventh Edition (2008). [online] Available at: https://www.wmo.int/pages/prog/www/IMOP/publications/CIMO-Guide/Prelim_2018_ed/8_I_5_en_MR_clean.pdf [Accessed 7 May 2019].